Clone an existing GoCD pipeline
Clone pipeline functionality helps you create a new pipeline from an existing pipeline by giving it a new name. Typically when setting up a pipeline for a new branch, it is very useful to take an existing pipeline and clone it.
If the user is a pipeline group admin, she can clone the new pipeline into a group that she has access to. If the user is an admin she can clone the pipeline into any group or give a new group name, in which case the group gets created.
- Navigate to the Admin tab
- Locate the pipeline that needs to be cloned
- In that row, click on the “Clone” icon.
- Fill in the name of the new pipeline
- Select a pipeline group. If you are an admin, you will be able to enter the name of the pipeline group using the auto suggest or enter a new group name
- Click “Save”