GoCD allows you to compare any two builds of a pipeline and see exactly what changes happened between those two instances. The information in this view will include:
- Code checkins
- Upstream pipelines
- Story/defect numbers (when linked to a tracking tool)
There are several locations from where the Pipeline Compare feature can be invoked. These include:
- Pipelines Dashboard page (the "Compare" link in each pipeline)
- Environments page
- Stage Details page
- Stage History widget within the Stage Details page
The Pipeline Compare screen lets you compare any two instances of a pipeline. Every pipeline instance is associated with a set of changes; be it a source control modification or an upstream pipeline. Performing a compare lets you easily identify exactly what these changes were.
- To/from search box: You can search for the appropriate pipeline instance using any of the following - pipeline label, check-in comment, person who checked in, upstream pipeline label and revision.
- Upstream dependency changes: All the changes to upstream pipelines within the search range.
- Changes to version control systems: All check-ins that went into dependent VCS materials within the search range.
- Tracking tool integration: If you've configured a tracking tool integration for this pipeline or any upstream pipelines, check-in comments containing story/defect/ticket numbers would be hyperlinked to the appropriate tracking tool.
You can also select a pipeline by browsing the pipeline history.
Steps to select a particular instance from the history:
- Click on the search box
- Click on "Browse the timeline"
- Browse the history and select a pipeline