- Override environment variables (Mac OSX installer)
- Location of GoCD server files
- Copying existing config to a new GoCD Server instance
- Double-click the file downloaded from the downloads page to unzip the contents.
- Drag the GoCD server application to the Applications folder.
- Double-click on the
Go Server.appicon to open the launcher.
While the GoCD server is starting up, you'll see a progress bar in the top left of your screen.
Once the GoCD server has started, it will open your default browser to the GoCD dashboard page (defaults to: http://localhost:8153).
- To get back to the GoCD dashboard page when the server is running, click on the link in the About box of the GoCD server.
You can override default environment variables by:
Overriding them during startup when starting from the terminal
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin open /Applications/Go\ Server.app
Overriding them using a file
~/Library/Application Support/Go Server/overrides.env. This file is sourced during server startup, and it can be setup to change environment variables.
The GoCD server installs its files in the following locations on your filesystem:
/Applications/Go Server.app # The GoCD server application ~/Library/Application Support/Go Server # The server directory
Some logging information is also written to
You can replicate a GoCD server with all the pipeline, stage, job, tasks and materials definitions/configuration intact.
To do this, the administrator should copy
cruise-config.xml from the config directory to the new server and clear
serverId attribute of
Note: Copying just the
cruise-config.xmlfile will not migrate the historical pipeline data and artifacts. Please see the page on backing up the GoCD Server to fully migrate an existing GoCD server.